We are closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19), and our top priorities are the continued health, safety and wellness of our residents and team members. Be assured we are proactively reducing our residents’ and team members’ potential contact with coronavirus by restricting visitors, regularly disinfecting all surfaces, enforcing proper and frequent handwashing – which remains the best combatant against the spread of infectious disease, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – and more.
OUT OF AN ABUNDANCE OF CAUTION, WE ARE SUSPENDING ALL ACTIVITY THAT ENGAGES THE PUBLIC.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- WATERSTONE AT WELLESLEY IS CLOSED TO VISITORS AND NON-ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL. Limited exceptions may be made for essential medical situations on a case-by-case basis.
- Team members, vendors, health services providers and other essential visitors will be required to follow our CDC-recommended virus-prevention protocols provided upon arrival. All must complete a health and international travel prescreening questionnaire. Temperatures will be taken for the safety of our residents and team. Admission will be denied to anyone who, in the previous 14 days, has traveled internationally or is showing symptoms.
- Assisted living residents may not leave our community until further notice. We strongly encourage independent living residents to refrain from leaving the community.
- Social distancing measures are currently in place within the community common areas. The dining room is currently closed until further notice. Tray service with delivery to resident apartments will be provided at no charge.
- Residents who do not feel well are asked to please stay in their apartment and notify the community and their physician immediately and abstain from group events until they are symptom- and fever-free for at least 48 hours.
We will continually review and update our action plan in accordance with CDC recommendations to best protect our residents, team members and guests.